Obtaining a Firearms Licence in Queensland
STEPS TO OBTAINING YOUR CATEGORY “H” FIREARMS LICENCE.
- Join an approved pistol club.
- Be a financial member of an approved pistol club for 6 months.
- Participate in a minimum of 3 competitions in a 6 month period
- Participate in and successfully complete a Firearms Safety Course with an accredited trainer.
- Obtain a Letter from your Approved Pistol Club stating that you are a member and have completed the required number of competition shoots.
- Apply online https://www.police.qld.gov.au/webform/application including full payment of licence fee.
- You will then receive an email from Weapons Licencing requesting you attend a participating Australia Post outlet to provide your proof of identity. You will also have a passport quality photograph taken (free of charge) at your local participating Australia Post outlet.
OR, you can lodge a hard copy by completing Form 1 – Application for a licence and also the Form 1 Annexure – Sports and Target Shooting. This application can be lodged at your local participating Australia Post outlet. You will need to pay the licence fee when lodging.
Licence fees as per Queensland Police Service Weapons Licencing